Who We Are
Project Enlightenment is an early childhood education and intervention program of the Wake County Public School System, serving teachers and parents of young children, ages birth through kindergarten.
- TALKline is back! we have resumed taking calls during specific hours from anyone who has a question or concern about a child birth through kindergarten age. Phone number: 919-856-7808, Hours: Tuesdays 9:30-11:00 AM, Wednesdays 1-2:30 PM, Thursdays 1-2:30 PM. Give us a call! This service has been restored through funding from the Project Enlightenment Foundation.
- Like us on Facebook Project Enlightenment - Raleigh, NC - Education | Facebook
Check out our library catalog of resources that you can borrow from our Parent Teacher Resource Center. Go to destiny.wcpss.net where you will choose Project Enlightenment to begin.
- North Carolina law requires that a kindergarten health assessment be completed on or before the first day of school before a child can enter kindergarten. More »
- Concerned about your child's physical or mental development? Learn more about Developmental screening »
- It is never too early to start reading with your child. Even young infants can benefit from exposure to books and reading. More »
Upcoming for Parents
Parent workshops return in the fall. Please check back in August for details of this year's parent offerings.
You may contact Teresa Veno (919) 508-0811 with questions.
Upcoming for Educators
Directors: Group Registration is now available. Contact Teresa Veno for details 919-508-0811.
Summer Institute at Project Enlightenment throughout the week of August 19th - 22nd, 2014 for teachers of young children 3 to 5 years of age.
- Tue Aug 19
TPB1527 – Sensory Issues with Preschoolers
- Wed Aug 20
TPB1528 – FLIP IT!® Transforming Challenging Behavior
- Thu Aug 21
TPB1530 – ADHD in Early Childhood: Reaching and Teaching Children with ADHD in the Preschool Classroom
- Thu Aug 21
TPB1529 – Helping Shy, Cautious or Anxious Children Experience Classroom Success
- Fri Aug 22
TPB1532 – Coaching Social Skills with Young Children