Who We Are
Project Enlightenment is an early childhood education and intervention program of the Wake County Public School System, serving teachers and parents of young children, ages birth through kindergarten.
- TALKline is back! we have resumed taking calls during specific hours from anyone who has a question or concern about a child birth through kindergarten age. Phone number: 919-856-7808, Hours: Tuesdays 9:30-11:00 AM, Wednesdays 1-2:30 PM, Thursdays 1-2:30 PM. Give us a call! This service has been restored through funding from the Project Enlightenment Foundation.
- Like us on Facebook Project Enlightenment - Raleigh, NC - Education | Facebook
Check out our library catalog of resources that you can borrow from our Parent Teacher Resource Center. Go to destiny.wcpss.net where you will choose Project Enlightenment to begin.
- North Carolina law requires that a kindergarten health assessment be completed on or before the first day of school before a child can enter kindergarten. More »
- Concerned about your child's physical or mental development? Learn more about Developmental screening »
- It is never too early to start reading with your child. Even young infants can benefit from exposure to books and reading. More »
Upcoming for Parents
PPB1311 – Toddler Issues has been rescheduled to Thursday, 3/13 from 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Please read the Registration Procedures Section under Parent Resources for information on registering for the classes below. . You can download a brochure here: PrE Parent Workshops 2013-14
Upcoming for Educators
The workshop TPB1362 - Conscious Discipline® with Infants, Toddlers, and Twos has been rescheduled to 3/17 from 4:00 - 7:00 PM.
An additional Directors' Forum has been scheduled for 4/23 .
Please be sure to read the Registration Procedures section under Educator Resources before registering for a class. Download a brochure below if you wish. . You can also download a separate registration form for your convenience: PrE Teacher Workshops 13-14, TWB 2013-2014 Complete Registration Pages.
- Wed Mar 12
TPB1300 – Early Childhood Directors' Forum
- Thu Mar 13
CLOSED — TPB1367 – ADHD in Early Childhood: Reaching and Teaching Children with ADHD in the Preschool Classroom
- Mon Mar 17
CLOSED — TPB1362 – Conscious Discipline for Infants, Toddlers, and Twos (Rescheduled)
- Tue Mar 18
TPB1368 – Process Oriented Art
- Wed Mar 19
CLOSED — TDB1315 – A Guided Observation of the Demonstration Preschool Classroom (DPS)