Frequently Asked Questions
- How do we access consultation?
- A teacher can call Project Enlightenment and ask for a referral form. Both the parent and teacher sign and complete the form and return it to Project Enlightenment. A consultant will contact the school to plan an observation.
- What does an observation look like?
- A consultant will contact the child’s teacher and schedule a day and time to observe in the classroom. Following the observation, the consultant will meet with the child’s teacher and parent(s) to develop strategies that will best support the child in the classroom so that she or he experiences success.
- How do I make a referral?
- Referrals are initiated by teachers of preschool, childcare center and kindergarten classrooms in Wake County with parents written consent.
What parent workshops do you offer?
Each year different parent workshops are available on a variety of topics relating to children. Please refer to the Workshops Section of this website under Parent Resources. As soon as the brochure is available it will be uploaded to the website as well.
Do parent workshops have a fee?
There is a fee for parent workshops. However, we do not want the fee to keep a Wake County parent from attending. Please see the Workshop section of the website or the parent education workshop brochure for fee information.
Can I bring my child to a parent workshop? Do you offer babysitting?
Our parent workshops are geared towards adult education. Unfortunately we do not have child care available at Project Enlightenment so please make other arrangements for your children.
I was told I had to take a parenting course. Can you give me a certificate for attending the course?
Certificates of attendance are available. The instructor must know ahead of time that you need this document. Please call our office staff at 856-7775 and ask them to pass this request on to the training coordinator.
General Workshop Questions
- Can I pay for a workshop by credit or debit card when I register?
- Yes, you can pay by credit card with a Visa, Mastercard or Discover card . If you prefer you can write a check and mail it to us. Your registration form and check reserve your space in workshops.
How do I apply for the Demonstration Preschool at Project Enlightenment?
You may call Project Enlightenment at 856-7774. Applications for this program for four-year olds are accepted in January to enroll for the following year. See the information under the Child Centered Resources section.