Who We Are
Project Enlightenment is an early childhood education and intervention program of the Wake County Public School System, serving teachers and parents of young children, ages birth through kindergarten.
- Join us for the annual Project Enlightenment Foundation Palooza on Saturday, September 10th from 10-1. Have fun with your family. Download a flyer: Palooza 2016 Flyer
- Like us on Facebook Project Enlightenment - Raleigh, NC - Education | Facebook
Check out our library catalog of resources that you can borrow from our Parent Teacher Resource Center. Go to destiny.wcpss.net where you will choose Project Enlightenment to begin.
- North Carolina law requires that a kindergarten health assessment be completed on or before the first day of school before a child can enter kindergarten. More »
- Concerned about your child's physical or mental development? Learn more about Developmental screening »
- It is never too early to start reading with your child. Even young infants can benefit from exposure to books and reading. More»
Upcoming for Parents
2016-2017 parent workshops will begin in September. For a complete listing of our parent workshops download this flyer: 2016-17PWB.PDF.
Online registration is now open. See below for our next five workshops or visit Parent Workshops page for a listing of all of our available parent workshops.
- Tue Sep 20
PPB1701 – Managing Fighting and Aggression
- Thu Sep 29
PPB1702 – Dealing with Disobedience
- Thu Oct 13
PPB1703 – Developing Good Bedtime Routines
- Tue Oct 18
PPB1704 – What Makes Them Tick: Understanding Your Child's Temperament
- Tue Oct 25
PPB1705 – Parenting Through Power Struggles: This Too Shall Pass!
Upcoming for Educators
Summer Institute 2016
Announcing the 2016 Summer Institute for teachers of young children 3 to 5 years of age. Institute dates are Aug. 22nd - 24th, 2016. Download a flyer here: Summer Institute Flyer
Teacher Workshops for 2016-17
In addition to the Summer Institute, we offer a full year of regular teacher workshops on a wide variety of topics (Conscious Discipline® , Intentional Teaching, behavior management, art, science, math, literacy and more!) Registration for these workshops is now open. For all of our current workshop, go to the Educator Workshops page or download a brochure and registration page here: TeacherWorkshops 2016.2017, TeacherWorkshop Registration Pages
- Tue Sep 13
TPB1732 – Explore the Treasures in the Parent/Teacher Resource Center – Make and Take
- Tue Sep 27
TPB1731 – Intentional Teaching: Teaching with a Purpose
- Wed Sep 28
TDB1701 – A Guided Observation of the Demonstration Preschool Classroom (DPS)
- Wed Oct 05
TDB1702 – A Guided Observation of the Demonstration Preschool Classroom (DPS)
- Wed Oct 12
TPB1700 – Early Childhood Directors' Forum