Who We Are
Project Enlightenment is an early childhood education and intervention program of the Wake County Public School System, serving teachers and parents of young children, ages birth through kindergarten.
- We are now accepting applications in our half-day preschool for the 2016-17 school year. Children must be residents of Wake County and be 4 by August 31st of 2016. Call 919-831-3885 for more information.
- TALKline services are in full swing. Anyone who has a question or concern about a child birth through kindergarten age can call: 919-856-7808, Hours: Tuesdays 9:30-11:00 AM, Wednesdays 1-2:30 PM,
Thursdays 1-2:30 PM. This service has been restored through funding from the Project Enlightenment Foundation.
- Like us on Facebook Project Enlightenment - Raleigh, NC - Education | Facebook
Check out our library catalog of resources that you can borrow from our Parent Teacher Resource Center. Go to destiny.wcpss.net where you will choose Project Enlightenment to begin.
- North Carolina law requires that a kindergarten health assessment be completed on or before the first day of school before a child can enter kindergarten. More »
- Concerned about your child's physical or mental development? Learn more about Developmental screening »
- It is never too early to start reading with your child. Even young infants can benefit from exposure to books and reading. More»
Upcoming for Parents
Project Enlightenment is proud to present our offerings for parents of young children, birth through kindergarten age. Topics include discipline techniques, communication, child development and more. Detailed registration procedures are outlined in the Parent Resources section. Download the Parent Workshop Brochure: PWB 7.27.15
The workshop PPB1628 - Stretching Minds and Bodies – Using Relaxation Techniques with Your Children has been postponed until 5/17/2016. We are currently still accepting new registrations.
Upcoming for Educators
Note: the Guided Observation scheduled for 5/27 has been switched from the Blended Classroom (Full-Day) to the Demonstration Preschool Classroom (Half-Day).
Seats on all workshops are running out, so register quickly to reserve your space.
For more information about our teacher workshops you can go to the Educator Resources tab. Registration procedures are outlined in the Educator Resources section as well. Download a Teacher Workshop Brochure and registration page here: Teacher Workshop Brochure, TWB Registration Pages
- Tue May 10
TDB1610 – A Guided Observation of the Demonstration Preschool Classroom
- Tue May 10
TPB1658 – The First Six Weeks of School
- Tue May 10
TPB1659 – Managing Emotional Mayhem by Understanding Dr. Becky Bailey’s Five Steps of Self-Regulation
- Wed May 11
CLOSED — TPB1660 – Stretching Minds and Bodies – Using Relaxation Techniques with Young Children
- Fri May 27
TDB1611 – A Guided Observation of the Demonstration Preschool Classroom (changed from the Blended Classroom)