Who We Are
Project Enlightenment is an early childhood education and intervention program of the Wake County Public School System, serving teachers and parents of young children, ages birth through kindergarten.
- Come join us for Project Palooza on Saturday, September 12th, from 10-1, rain or shine, in the back parking lot of Project Enlightenment. Games and activities for young children and their families.
TALKline is back!
- Like us on Facebook Project Enlightenment - Raleigh, NC - Education | Facebook
Check out our library catalog of resources that you can borrow from our Parent Teacher Resource Center. Go to destiny.wcpss.net where you will choose Project Enlightenment to begin.
- North Carolina law requires that a kindergarten health assessment be completed on or before the first day of school before a child can enter kindergarten. More »
- Concerned about your child's physical or mental development? Learn more about Developmental screening »
- It is never too early to start reading with your child. Even young infants can benefit from exposure to books and reading. More»
Anyone who has a question or concern about a child birth through kindergarten age can call: 919-856-7808, Hours: Tuesdays 9:30-11:00 AM, Wednesdays 1-2:30 PM,
Thursdays 1-2:30 PM. This service has been restored through funding from the Project Enlightenment Foundation.
Upcoming for Parents
Project Enlightenment offers workshops for parents of young children, birth through kindergarten age. Topics include discipline techniques, communication, child development and more. Registration procedures are outlined in the Parent Resources section at the top. Download the Parent Workshop Brochure: Parent Workshop Brochure.
- Thu Sep 24
PPB1610 – Triple P Seminar: The Power of Positive Parenting
- Tue Oct 06
PPB1611 – Positive Discipline: Firmness and Limit Setting (3 Sessions)
- Thu Oct 08
PPB1612 – Triple P Seminar: Raising Confident, Competent Children
- Tue Oct 27
PPB1613 – Managing Meltdowns
- Thu Nov 05
PPB1614 – The Language of Self-Control – Teaching Children How to Regulate their Own Behavior
Upcoming for Educators
Welcome to a new year of workshops for teachers! For more information you can go to the Educator Resources tab and look for additional workshops. Registration procedures are outlined in the Educator Resources section as well. Download a Teacher Workshop Brochure and registration page here: Teacher Workshop Brochure, TWB Registration Pages
- Tue Sep 22
TPB1631 – When to Watch, When to Refer: Recognizing Speech, Language, and Learning Problems
- Thu Sep 24
TPB1632 – Understanding the Minds of Boys
- Tue Sep 29
TDB1601 – A Guided Observation of the Blended Classroom
- Tue Sep 29
TPB1633 – Classroom Adaptations for Children with Special Needs
- Wed Sep 30
TPB1634 – Math: More than Counting