Starting kindergarten is a milestone children and their families look forward to with great excitement and anticipation. Getting "ready" for kindergarten can mean many things - from getting a new book bag to practicing opening your own milk carton. Project Enlightenment offers several resources for families getting ready to make the transition to kindergarten:
- Off to a Good Start in Kindergarten — list of activities and ideas to help prepare your child for kindergarten
- Developmental Expectations — list of typical expectations and skills your child will need to enter kindergarten
- Easing the Transition — ideas and information about how to make the transition into kindergarten easier for you and your child
- Supporting School Readiness — an early learning program for rising kindergarteners.
- Kindergarten Registration - information about registering for kindergarten in the Wake County Public School System.